COMMUNITY VOTE - RETICLE

• Check out our Partnered Grand Theft Auto 5 Roleplaying Community New Day RP!

Reticle?

• Yes

Votes: 47 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 62.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius Hughes

Traveler
Whitelisted
Feb 6, 2020
I thought about it a lot more. Servers I’ve been on that have crosshairs tend to have more Gunplay rather than Roleplay. Like, having a reticle motivates people to have firefights more.

Reactions: José Bernal

Leeroy Smokes

Traveler
Whitelisted
First Settler
Nov 7, 2019
I see both sides, completely. I voted yes because if someone wants a reticle, they will have one one way or another. To the arguement that it enables gun fights, I will say as well that if someone wants to start a gun fight, they will reticle or not. The intentions will always be present if they have the ability to be in this world.

I completely agree that we should all be on the same playing field, but if someone wants to, they will figure out how to work around regardless. Instead of forcing others to find a way around it, just leave the immersion up to the user to shut it off if they see fit. Personally I miss some shots on purpose because my character is not a marksman. But I would also not be on the same playing field as someone who put a piece of tape on their monitor and that's not cool.

Jacobus de Groot

Traveler
Whitelisted
Feb 3, 2020
Minnesota
Personally i think that if people want a more immersive experience, they already have the option to do that. I think if you want to use the reticle you should be able to.

Wesley Coleman

Canadian Dynamite
Whitelisted
First Settler
Retired Staff
Oct 13, 2019
Canadia
But I would also not be on the same playing field as someone who put a piece of tape on their monitor and that's not cool.

It should be noted that should the reticle be removed, anyone found to be using any sort of assisted aim program/device or anything, will be banned.

Jasper Stonewell

Traveler
Whitelisted
Feb 2, 2020
People who want the immersive experience should be shutting off the hud completely anyhow so not sure why those who want to keep it would have to suffer?

Swift Vanguard

Traveler
Feb 14, 2020
Yes it should be allowed, as said depending on rp character some are good at shooting others aren't the ones that aren't should have it off for immersion.

José Bernal

Cowpoke
Whitelisted
First Settler
Nov 6, 2019
Patagonia Argentina
Yes it should be allowed, as said depending on rp character some are good at shooting others aren't the ones that aren't should have it off for immersion.

I think this could be something that's handled by the game mechanics, rather than left to sort itself out. I've mentioned before an idea about "tags" for players or "classes", that allow for little perks like having the option of turning a reticle on If you're a trained shooter, or "reviving" fallen person If you're a doctor, having bond level 4 If you're an experienced rider, etc.

But as I've said before, I have no clue how hard this would be for the devs to implement, so...

Reactions: John Camden

William Hayes

The Man Himself
Management
AG's Office
Whitelisted
First Settler
Oct 10, 2019
I think this could be something that's handled by the game mechanics, rather than left to sort itself out. I've mentioned before an idea about "tags" for players or "classes", that allow for little perks like having the option of turning a reticle on If you're a trained shooter, or "reviving" fallen person If you're a doctor, having bond level 4 If you're an experienced rider, etc.

But as I've said before, I have no clue how hard this would be for the devs to implement, so...
For now, that isn't in the works. This change is all-or-nothing

Jesse Vania

Gunslinger
Whitelisted
Silver Supporter
Jan 29, 2020
I don't care if it's there or not I play with hud off 90% of the time, All ill say is are we all going to be crack shots now? in the wild west ppl made there names thru there shooting, I mean having it (off) will allow ppl to practice, have progression rp for there char. And can also Create RP down the road I mean not every time you shoot you're gun you are going to hit you're target, Take a movie for example any western or modern time most of the time there are shots getting fired and the 1st few are big Misses so I mean xD. and if you're reply is to well just have your char miss that easy with the reticle {on} that be nice but for everyone to do that come on only in a perfect world that will happen lets get real not everyone is going to rp missing there shots why becuse it just will not happen lol got ppl coming in thats new and other factors aswell.

Last edited:

Eustice Connelly

The Bosun
Whitelisted
Gold Supporter
Feb 10, 2020
I realize this is a game.. mostly.. but do you have a reticle that aligned to your firearms in the center of your eyes in real life? No (well, not yet anyway). The only reason I see that the reticle should stay is for a training or 'calibration' (gunsmith) mode of some sorts.. However, I don't know if that's even a possibility. If you have trouble hitting your target in 3rd person, switch to 1st person and use the sights.

Raoul Tejada

Cowpoke
Whitelisted
Jan 13, 2020
I realize this is a game.. mostly.. but do you have a reticle that aligned to your firearms in the center of your eyes in real life? No (well, not yet anyway). The only reason I see that the reticle should stay is for a training or 'calibration' (gunsmith) mode of some sorts.. However, I don't know if that's even a possibility. If you have trouble hitting your target in 3rd person, switch to 1st person and use the sights.

Your eyes also don't float a few feet behind you in real life. So by that logic we should all be locked into first person?

Mano Bolaños Costa Jamera

Cowpoke
Whitelisted
Feb 5, 2020
It is great that it will be turned off, having a reticle completely ruins the immersion. Besides, a good shooter has to have skill, not using a dot in the screen to shoot, but rather, practice their aim and really become good at it. This will make good shooters well valued and will be an incentive for people to be good with guns, so they can get better jobs. The level of immersion is clearly greater, and for it to be fair, it has to be for everyone.

José Bernal

Cowpoke
Whitelisted
First Settler
Nov 6, 2019
Patagonia Argentina
It is great that it will be turned off, having a reticle completely ruins the immersion. Besides, a good shooter has to have skill, not using a dot in the screen to shoot, but rather, practice their aim and really become good at it. This will make good shooters well valued and will be an incentive for people to be good with guns, so they can get better jobs. The level of immersion is clearly greater, and for it to be fair, it has to be for everyone.

Another benefit for immersion is going to be more exciting gunfights, specially at mid range. No more insta headshot kills, now bullets may ricochet a few inches from your face, bottles may shatter and lanterns might explode before anyone even gets wounded, and that adds another layer of excitement, not to mention time to cover, reload, yell, etc.

Mano Bolaños Costa Jamera

Cowpoke
Whitelisted
Feb 5, 2020
Another benefit for immersion is going to be more exciting gunfights, specially at mid range. No more insta headshot kills, now bullets may ricochet a few inches from your face, bottles may shatter and lanterns might explode before anyone even gets wounded, and that adds another layer of excitement, not to mention time to cover, reload, yell, etc.
Precisely! Otherwise everyone would choose to be a hawk eye gunslinger. Now people will think twice before shooting as if they miss, it's gonna be hard to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.