ReShade & RedM: A Graphical Match Made in Heaven

• Check out our Partnered Grand Theft Auto 5 Roleplaying Community New Day RP!

Odin Borr

Cowpoke
Whitelisted
Nov 20, 2020
Norway
www.projb.no
With what I've tried and tested with other people, anything V5 is unstable and sorta broken in relation to RedM. I'd recommend staying in any V4 of reshade.
Thank you so much for the reply.
I'll go and grab the older version.

Yours
Odin

edit:
A reply from the "helpdesk" at Reshader Discord.

1644543088220.png

Last edited:

Kajika

Cowpoke
Whitelisted
Feb 27, 2020
Ellenville, New York
Is there an activation button or something I need to use in order for the menu to pop up? I've been looking at the regular RedM screen trying to figure this out.

Odin Borr

Cowpoke
Whitelisted
Nov 20, 2020
Norway
www.projb.no
Is there an activation button or something I need to use in order for the menu to pop up? I've been looking at the regular RedM screen trying to figure this out.

Use an older version of ReShade, version 5.02 do not work with RedM as it is supposed to do.
The interface button should be "Home" and if you have done all the above in the guide correctly you will also see a bar top screen when you enter the RedM main screen.

Moses Swango

Cowpoke
Jan 7, 2021
For anyone still struggling with Reshade not installing correctly using DirectX 12:

In addition to using Reshade 4.x, renaming dxgi.dll to d3d12.dll, and disabling overlays, you need to move all Reshade files to the bin folder of RedM's Application Data; typically C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\RedM\RedM.app\bin.

You should get the successful installation message in RedM after that, and can access it with the Home key.

Taylor-Ray Church

⛧ Submissive & Breedable ⛧
Whitelisted
Retired Staff
Apr 27, 2020
Mississippi
None of the above methods in this thread will work anymore. Follow the steps below to install the latest version of ReShade for RedM (as of Feb. 7th, 2023).

(The steps below were tested with Vulkan as RedM's rendering API. They should work with DirectX 12 as well, but you should be using Vulkan anyway.)
  1. In your web browser, navigate to http://static.reshade.me
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click the green button labelled "Download ReShade 5.6.0 with full add-on support."
  3. Once ReShade's finished downloading, open the .exe. (A warning/disclaimer message will pop up, but this is safe to ignore.)
  4. With the ReShade Setup window open, click "Browse..." near the bottom right.
  5. Navigate to your RedM's install folder. In this folder you should see "RedM Application Data" and "RedM.exe."
  6. Inside of RedM Application Data, navigate to data -> cache -> subprocess.
  7. Select RedM_b1436_GTAProcess.exe, installing ReShade to that file. The file browser will close, returning you to the ReShade Setup.
  8. Click "Next" near the bottom right.
  9. Select Vulkan as the rendering API. Click "Yes" if prompted afterwards.
  10. If you're prompted to "select a preset to install," click "Skip" near the bottom right of the window.
  11. For "select effect packages to install," click "Uncheck all" near the top right of the window. Select "check all." You can skip this step if you don't want to install any effects for ReShade, or want to use shaders from a third party like Nexus Mods.
  12. Click "Finish" once your effects have finished installing.
  13. Start RedM. The ReShade startup message will appear over the top of your screen. Hit HOME to bring up the ReShade GUI.

Reinhardt Moody

Bro?
Judiciary
Sheriff's Office Recruit
Whitelisted
Retired Staff
May 14, 2020
None of the above methods in this thread will work anymore. Follow the steps below to install the latest version of ReShade for RedM (as of Feb. 7th, 2023).

(The steps below were tested with Vulkan as RedM's rendering API. They should work with DirectX 12 as well, but you should be using Vulkan anyway.)
  1. In your web browser, navigate to http://static.reshade.me
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click the green button labelled "Download ReShade 5.6.0 with full add-on support."
  3. Once ReShade's finished downloading, open the .exe. (A warning/disclaimer message will pop up, but this is safe to ignore.)
  4. With the ReShade Setup window open, click "Browse..." near the bottom right.
  5. Navigate to your RedM's install folder. In this folder you should see "RedM Application Data" and "RedM.exe."
  6. Inside of RedM Application Data, navigate to data -> cache -> subprocess.
  7. Select RedM_b1436_GTAProcess.exe, installing ReShade to that file. The file browser will close, returning you to the ReShade Setup.
  8. Click "Next" near the bottom right.
  9. Select Vulkan as the rendering API. Click "Yes" if prompted afterwards.
  10. If you're prompted to "select a preset to install," click "Skip" near the bottom right of the window.
  11. For "select effect packages to install," click "Uncheck all" near the top right of the window. Select "check all." You can skip this step if you don't want to install any effects for ReShade, or want to use shaders from a third party like Nexus Mods.
  12. Click "Finish" once your effects have finished installing.
  13. Start RedM. The ReShade startup message will appear over the top of your screen. Hit HOME to bring up the ReShade GUI.
Can confirm this works on DirectX12 if you choose that option in ReShade! :cool: Thank you for this!

Darion Rueb

Rue-burber
Staff
LEO Command
Sheriff's Office
Whitelisted
Sep 14, 2021
Been fiddling around with ReShade quite a bit past few months and ended up making a few of my own ReShade presets (based of already existing presets) which I ended up sharing with whoever asked for them. However, figured I might as well post my two most recent ReShade profiles right here!

Ruebs RedM ReShade May Update:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

unknown.png

Ruebs RedM ReShade June Update:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Download link:

Note: For the June update, you need to download and add the extra textures/shaders in the correct folders!

How to install:

Simply download the files above and unzip them (I personally use Winrar which is free to unzip files).
You want to drag and drop Ruebs Clarity ReShade June Update and Ruebs RedM ReShade May Update in the following folder within your RedM folder:

RedM\RedM.app\data\cache\subprocess

An easy way to find this is simply right clicking your RedM and clicking properties like this:
1687203178299.png

From there you want to click "Open File Location" Like this:

1687203223264.png

After that, all you have to do is simply click the following: RedM Application Data > Data > Cache > Subprocess

Here you can drop the ReShade Presets provided in the download link (or any other presets you downloaded and want to try out!)

For the extra Shader/Textures, you want to do one more step, which is RedM Application Data > Data > Cache > Subprocess > Reshade-Shaders

Here you will find two folders: Shaders & Textures . All you have to do is drag the correct folder in the correlating one and you are all set!

Happy to help if anyone needs a hand <3

P.S.

I highly advice to turn your TAA on medium (instead of high) and enable FXAA while TAA is on medium. Somehow creates a crispier/clearer view, especially in the distance!

And credit to @Nathan Burke for the inspiration to share these presets!
image.png

Last edited: