The Unofficial NPC Names

• Check out our Partnered Grand Theft Auto 5 Roleplaying Community New Day RP!

Callum Conroy

Surgeon General
Whitelisted
Jul 29, 2020
Behind the butcher in Strawberry is a man with a lot of leather curing and tanning supplies, including racks and such. He's never had any mechanical purpose, but Callum always goes to him when he needs hides cured or tanned (at least in 1.0 since I haven't been able to do much hunting since), since I figure him as a professional trapper/tanner. Callum's always referred to him as "Guillaume", and I imagined he came from the northern states or even Canada.
He typically offers his services at a small charge, but likes to know the story behind each pelt and how his customers intend to use them. I imagine he's somewhat withdrawn, which works since Callum is typically reclusive when he goes hunting.

Mountain Medical also has a few "invisible" NPCs working throughout the state to help administer ongoing care with comatose patients and such. They don't really fit with the rest of the thread, since they are exclusively "lore NPCs", but they still play a big role for us. The most prominent among them, and the one that I think a decent people outside of MM know, is "Nurse Nora" who operates out of the St. Denis Ward. She's a tough cookie, pretty stern when it comes to patient care, and is also a massive coffee fiend.
I believe Jaena Shaw is the one to credit with her lore establishment, and she's been providing aid to longer term patients ever since.

Róisín O'Hara

A Fucking Dryad or Something
Sheriff's Office
Whitelisted
Apr 16, 2021
twitch.tv
The stablemaster at the small stable outside of north St. Denis is named Stephen (pronounced Steven). He's very patient with horses and prefers them to people, who he can be a bit gruff with at times...but if he encounters someone who loves horses like he does, he can actually be quite kind and accommodating. He is not afraid to tell you if you aren't caring for your horse properly or need better/different tack or supplies. He prides himself on taking excellent care of the horses in his stable, and often sends boarded horses out to graze and play in the attached paddock and is adamant that horses should not be boarded long-term at the stable in the city proper.

Reactions: Lee Colt

Juniper Mercer

Cowpoke
Whitelisted
Jun 30, 2021
Creating Cocktails Casually
No one has added to this for a while, and I wanted to throw in a few more names I've discovered.

The constantly shirtless man near the Bell in front of the Telegram Station in Rhodes, who sometimes sleeps on the benches, is named Terrance Buckle.
He's hard of hearing, so he may stand really close to you for conversations. He's also missing some teeth from a fight, he says he won a few in his prime.
I haven't gotten the courage to ask him if he is homeless or just enjoys sleeping on the bench to pass the time.

The man who likes to loiter outside of the Rhodes Bank (he will switch from sitting in the chair to standing at times) is Jefferson MacIntosh. He tends to smoke there while on his breaks from working at the mill. He does get violent when you ask about his ex-wife (I don't think it ended well), otherwise, he'll ask you about your day. Make sure you don't get in his personal space, he likes his bubble intact.

(To help with your list: )

Shirtless Gentleman Outside Rhodes' Telegram Office - Terrance Buckle
Not to be confused with a cousin.
Hard of hearing.
Missing a few teeth.
Could be homeless?

Smoking Gentleman Outside Rhodes' Bank - Jefferson MacIntosh
Likes to smoke and drink on the porch.
Works at the Mill.
Don't ask him about his ex-wife.
Likes his personal space.

Last edited:

Opichi Ishpiming

Gunslinger
Whitelisted
Jun 2, 2020
Colorado
I was told a few months back the herbalist at Manzanita is named Hendricks, I have been calling his "twin" at the heartland marketplace Jimmy. I call them twins because its the same npc model.

• Haha
Reactions: Naomi Black

Christopher Alderson

Rancher Dad
Management
Whitelisted
Gold Supporter
Nov 15, 2021
BC, Canada
Rathskeller Fork NPCs:

The Stablemaster - Timothy "Tim" Newberry
- Has worked at Rathskeller for 18 years.
- He's friendly, and enjoys a drink, or two! (Or three).
- He may try to "borrow" small valuables because he claims he "doesn't get paid enough", but he'll promptly give it back when asked.
- Doesn't have a spouse, or kids, seemingly doesn't want them, either.
- He's surprisingly good at playing the banjo.

The Sophisticated Man - "Dennis" The man is now gone from Rathskeller without a trace.
- Will do his best to manipulate civilians, but is more friendly with criminals.
- His name probably isn't actually Dennis.
- Doesn't understand New Austin fashion, and doesn't try to. He sticks out like a sore thumb.
- He speaks low, and overall, seems arrogant.
- He will not give up much, if anything, about his personal life.

Last edited:

Roberta Cunningham

Wild West Legend
Whitelisted
Gold Supporter
Feb 11, 2023
I have been referring to the Telegram Man in Blackwater as Jim Svenson for a couple of months.

So much easier to tell people to talk to Jim if they have questions about the post Office.

Roberta "technically" pays him rent, for the use of the office as the HQ for Cunningham Periodicals and Publishing and the Cunning Eye Newspaper.

Jim is mild-mannered and is in general really kind of oblivious to the crime that happens on Main Street. But he gets absolutely furious when someone decides they are going to pull guns out while inside the telegram/post office.

Roberta and he will often spend some quiet time talking about the news of the state while drinking Black Rose Irish whiskey.

So when Roberta is making a comment about a conversation she had with Jim. It's him.

Morty Detwiler

Dukey Brownpants
DOP Command
Department of Prisons
Whitelisted
Silver Supporter
Mar 20, 2020
The Netherlands
Sisika Penitentiary is adding Adrian Spears to their list of employees.
Adrian is a hard working man and can at times (very much like his brother) be scary when messed with.
We are going to tie him in with Randolph Spears the Butcher in Rhodes.

All of the current NPC's working at Sisika Penitentiary are:

Bob Mariner (Standing at the Sisika, Saint Denis, Blackwater, Copperhead Landing and Sea of Coronado Docks. Already listed)
Jeremy Letterman (Standing in the postage room. Checks all incoming/outgoing mail and keeps an eye on the postage room)
Dorothy Dorsey (Working around the doctor's office Local Doctor at Sisika Penitentiary when doctors aren't available)
Daniel Dorsey (Standing in the doctor's office. Husband of Dorothy Dorsey, works security for his wife.)
Matthew Brickman (Standing at the main building. Keeps track of the prisoner registry, in charge of releases and hands prisoners dry bread.)
Jimmy Bars (Standing at the end of the cellblock. Watches over all the cells on the 1st floor)
Gregory Gunn (Standing in the Sisika basement. Supplies DOP members with weaponry and other required items for an increased island price.)
Chester Wiggins (Standing in the Sisika basement. Doesn't do much, sort of a lazy bastard who just stands there and keeps an eye on Mr. Gunn)
Adrian Spears (Standing at the Sisika General store. Supplies the prison with the basic needs for any inmate.)
Simo Lancaster (Hides around the island with his marksman rifle. Simo will shoot down anybody attempting to escape and never misses.)

(Dorothy Dorsey and Simo Lancaster aren't actually seen anywhere on the island as NPC's)

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 005550.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 005550.png
    385 KB · Views: 16
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 005015.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 005015.png
    237.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 004112.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 004112.png
    258.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 004040.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 004040.png
    343.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 003957.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 003957.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 003859.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 003859.png
    302.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 003815.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 003815.png
    726.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 003641.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-07-17 003641.png
    575.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Genevieve Green

Wild West Legend
Whitelisted
Jun 13, 2022
Stockholm, Sweden
www.twitch.tv
Speaking to the NPCs is such a good warm up to get comfortable in a character and/or rping with people, so I love to frequent this thread!
I've made a little document with all of the names suggested in this thread and some that I have heard others call some of the NPCs ig

I believe I made it possible to leave comments, so if anyone have any additions, feel free to comment! Let's give the NPCs some more lore and love <3

Roberta Cunningham

Wild West Legend
Whitelisted
Gold Supporter
Feb 11, 2023
Ok. So I just spent nearly a month in Guarma and spent a lot of time talking to the NPCs there. ( I got lonely)

The Letterman being the old church - Luis Miguel Artigas - He is originally from Spain and came to Guarma hoping to expand his family's fortunes in the sugar trade. This obviously did not happen. He uses what connections he has left to ferry letters to and from different parts of the world.

Lemon Orchard Foreman: Ivan Catala - Became the foreman when his predecessor was hired by the big farm to run the Sugar fields.

Sugar Cane fields Foreman: Ferran Martinez - Used to run the Lemon Orchards. Moved over to the Sugar Cane fields due to being the son in law of the magistrate.

Banannas Foreman: Pau Abad - No one knows much about Pau except he may be from Chile... Or Argentina... The stories are mixed.

Peach Foreman: Diego Rivera - Has been offered jobs closer to town. But loves the seclusion of overseeing the Peach Orchard.