Where we are, where we're going

• Check out our Partnered Grand Theft Auto 5 Roleplaying Community New Day RP!
Status
Not open for further replies.

William Hayes

The Man Himself
Management
AG's Office
Whitelisted
First Settler
Oct 10, 2019
Hi all,

This is an overdue post, but I wanted to wait until I knew more before I actually went forward with drafting it. And while there is a still lot of room for change and things to happen, I wanted to at least let folks know where we are, and where we're going.

As many of you know, we're still running the old framework that received it's last major / significant overhaul in April of 2020. This framework is obviously a bit outdated at this point and needs to be overhauled, but we've been waiting and watching how things have been developing on the RedM side. As some of you may or may not know, OneSync has had some recent development work towards it and seems to be back on the agenda. This doesn't mean it is going to come out soon, or even come out at all - but there is work towards it happening, and we are hopeful in a future that includes OneSync (More than 32 slots). I want to be clear that OneSync is not in a usable state and is only being used for debugging. It does not currently work.

With all of that being said, we are planning on a full framework overhaul to be released when OneSync does. We are developing this framework specifically around OneSync rather than developing it on current RedM and going through the process of making it compatible with OneSync later on down the line. This project will take some time, and really depends on the release schedule for OneSync. We will only know as time goes on with OneSync development, which we are keeping track of closely.

This framework will bring a lot of much-needed change and refreshments to the server, and will be much more than a fresh coat of paint.

Thank you to the Community for remaining so patient with us and committed to keeping Wild West as great as it is. I am looking forward to what the future holds, and I can't wait to share it with you!

Hayes.

William Hayes

The Man Himself
Management
AG's Office
Whitelisted
First Settler
Oct 10, 2019

OneSync is now in Technical Preview, and we will be beginning our new framework development shortly. We will try and be as transparent as possible about our progress and issues as we go along.

It is important to read the CFX thread to explain the current limitations of RedM OneSync. It is also important to note that we are still a couple/few months away, but this is a big step forward in the right direction.

Excited to show you what we have in store!

Status
Not open for further replies.