Generic Staff Account
- Oct 11, 2019
1. RP comes first with every situation. This is an RP server, and you need to remain in character at all times. If there is a problem (including rule breaks), roleplay the scenario out and then bring it up afterwards via a private conversation outside of the server, or a player/bug report on the forums.
2. You must value your life and the lives of others at all times e.g. Being outnumbered, having a weapon pointed at you...
3. Random Deathmatch (RDM) / Vehicle Deathmatch (VDM) is not allowed. You need to have initiated contact with someone at some point and have a reason for harming someone. VDM includes but is not limited to carriages and horses.
4. A maximum of 4 people (group members) can be involved in hostile activities at any given time. You may gather with more than 4 people, however 4 must be designated to deal with any hostile encounters that happen. This includes both offensive and defensive situation. More information in Guideline 14.
5. A maximum of 4 hostages can be taken during a single interaction. (This prevents situations where a group attempts to take 6 people hostage, knowing only 4 of them can be hostile).
6. There is a zero tolerance policy for racism, homophobia, bestiality, Erotic Roleplay or rape RP.
7. At no point are you to exploit or use third party mods/apps in the server. This includes third party communications.
8. No Fail RP (see Guidelines).
9. No Metagaming (see Guidelines).
10. If you become incapacitated and have to respawn at any point in time, you must RP your injuries. If you were brought inside of a doctor's office and respawn, you may remember the events that lead up to your incapacitation, within reason (see Guidelines). If your body is not at a doctor's office before you respawn, you will not remember the immediate events leading up to you being downed.
11. Hostages must be genuine and not be a willing participant with the hostage takers. Both parties will be found at fault if hostages are not genuine.
12. Toxicity in any form will not be tolerated.
13. Management has final say in all decisions and can take action without a player report.
1. Ignorance will not be tolerated. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with the rules and community guidelines.
2. Use common sense. If you are not RPing to a standard that is acceptable in the community you will risk losing your Whitelist tag.
3. This is an English speaking server, if you are not a fluent English speaker, this may not be the best place for you as you need to be able to communicate if any issues should arise.
4. No racist/overly sexual names will be allowed. Keep them realistic.
5. Keep the drama away from the server. OOC harassment/sexism/idiocy will not be tolerated.
6. Fail RP includes, but is not limited to, things such as - Abusing Game Mechanics, Dropping items while being cuffed/arrested, Powergaming (RPing outside of your character traits, abusing mechanics, and using means not actually in game to gain an advantage), Excessive Trolling, Forcing Unwanted RP, Sheriff Baiting, Combat Logging, Combat Storing, OOC Chatting/Talking.
7. Metagaming includes, but is not limited to, using knowledge that your character would not know in the server or communicating information through third party places - e.g. stream or steam chats, discord (not including the server discord). You may not watch the stream of somebody playing on Wild West RP while you yourself are also in-game.
8. Think about the era you are RPing in. Use periodic speech (don't talk about phones, computers, etc). The best way to do this is by only talking about things that are available in server. The server is technologically locked at 1899, meaning no technology inventions past 1899 are acceptable in Wild West RP.
9. If you have to RESPAWN, you should stay away from the area you went down for as long as as you can without affecting RP.
10. You may remember events leading to your incapacitation if you are brought to a doctor's office and respawn while inside of there. However, you should always roleplay your injuries regardless. For example, if you take a bad fall and bang your head, you may not remember what happened. However, if you were shot in the foot or kicked by a horse, you may remember those details. This does not apply if you are not at a doctor's office when you choose to respawn.
11. If you purposefully kill a player, you cannot take them to a doctor's office so that you can wait for them to get back up to interrogate or continue RP. Just leave them where they lay, or drop them off to the Doc and leave if you want them to remember the events when they recover.
12. Abuse of Game Mechanics
13. Additional Guidelines and Clarifications
14. If gathering or traveling with more than 4 people in a group, you are expected to determine who will be hostile or defend, and who will leave during a hostile incident. This means, for example, if a group of Deputies or Outlaws rides up to your group, only 4 members of your group may draw guns and participate in the hostilities. Other people will leave the scene and disengage from the roleplay at that scene, and should not return until the scene has clearly ended. This means that people disengaged should not act as look-outs, distractions or other interference. You should not use the people leaving as a second "wave" of re-enforcements to help the original group of 4.
It is ultimately up to groups to police their own behavior within roleplay. This means, if a hostile group is looking for somebody specific to kidnap or arrest, and they make that known, that person becomes part of the 4 hostile members. These intentions should be stated up front if at all possible, to avoid awkward situations with the Rule of 4.
Last edited by a moderator: